In the Bible, Jezebel was a powerful, wicked queen, and wife of a passive king called Ahab. She was a false prophetess who worshiped the false god, Baal. Baal was the god of prosperity, god of the harvests, god of fertility and sex. (Does this sound like some of the modern day gospels that some people preach?)
Child sacrifices were common. She was killed by several eunuchs at the order of commander Jehu.
Jezebel was a witch, and her spirit of witchcraft is still in operation today in the church, and in the world. It will take both a Jehu and the cooperation of the injured victims (spiritual eunuchs) to kill her again.
The Jezebel spirit is sociopathic. Behaviors you might see (3 or more):
1. They gain power by destroying others. It is like an adrenalin rush when they “win” over someone. They manage to get in positions of authority, and are difficult to displace, once there.
2. They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.3. they can either be war-like in their personalities, so that they are intimidating,
so “sweet,” “perfect,” deceitful, “timid” and sneaky, they are able to fool and recruit others to join them. Sometimes they can be very charming and charismatic.
4. critical of others, vicious to the point of bloodthristy.
5. they are never wrong.
6. They recruit others in their charges against their victims. They act to persuade recruits, and do not give up this activity until the recruits are won over. If the potential recruits do not cooperate and buy into things, this angers them.
7. They are narcissic. While they can tend to be oversensitive themselves, they have no concern for the feelings of others. They are not sympathetic to their victims, and tend to play the role of victim themselves, in order to gain sympathy. This way the real victim is left stranded, and opposed by others if they ask for help. Being the center of attention really pleases them.
8. They lie, and they believe their own lie. Avoiding the truth, or intentionally acting to withhold truth is part of this. false picture is presented to others.
9. They are impulsive, failure to plan ahead. chaotic at times
10. They usually lack of remorse after hurting someone. They feel justified.
11. They are consistent at being irresponsible.
12. They are very irritable, aggressiveness (open , or subtle), can be quick tempered.
13. The fail to conform to social norms. This person is usually “outlier” or non-conformist.
14. Psychological counseling will not help, since they deny what they are.
15. They can claim religious sentiments, but very superficial in devotion. Born-again status is debatable, and unlikely, but would have to be evaluated on an individual basis.
16. The Jezebel is usually women, but you can find some who are men. The women tend to control their men with sex. And they pick passive men (Ahabs) so they can dominate them.
17. They are typically married. If single, could be lesbian, homosexual man, or promiscuous man.
18. They falsely accuse you, and they do NOT forgive you …..
How to break this spirit:
*Since these individuals usually have achieved some level of authority, only someone who outranks them, or a group effort will work. If you are a woman, you need to strong and self confident. If you are a man, you need to be the same, and also not be influenced by threats or tears out of a woman. You also need to have enough male hormone to stand up to her. Also, if you are a man, and this is your wife, be sure the men in your support group can be trusted with her.
1. Be sure you are not enabling this person; ie. you are not an “Ahab”.
2. Gather facts about the person’s activity and behavior, be able to prove it. you have to start by addressing real behavior. you cannot start by telling someone “they have a spirit.” Be prepared to question the person why they behave that way. Make a list of wrongs. Be prepared.
3. Gather witnesses, who are also sincere believers (if in a church setting), or other credible authority figures, because the person will attack back, and deny everything. The aggressive types will use their authority to abuse, criticize, & threaten you, and try to have you discredited, or removed. The more sneaky types go into “victim hood” mode, immediately trying to solicit and recruit support, and make you look like you are the abusive one. 4. isolate the person. make sure their own recruits (buddies) are not around. It gets its power from others….so if you get it alone, it is more vulnerable, and more easily defeated. You have to remove the source of its power and “gang up” on it.
5. Confront the person with the facts, but expect denial. They will lie through their teeth!
6. Reject the person’s behavior based on the facts. Tell the person they will not be accepted back into the group unless they repent.
7. If the person repents – showing willingness to change- then
a. A church setting – as a group, bind and cast out the demonic spirit in Jesus name, and persist until it is gone. Expect high resistance, since it is a controlling (witch) spirit. There will be screaming and yelling before it is cast out. It will try to attack you and call you names. Also, expect and ignore plays of “victim hood” during deliverance. Sometimes the spirit cycles between being the attacker, and being a victim. This is to confuse you, so do not give in.
b. A secular setting – document records, give warning that future behavior will be monitored. This is because their basic nature has not changed yet, and an eventual repeat of behavior will occur. If it does, the person needs to be fired.
8. Once the spirit is gone, the person needs support and counseling to examine how the spirit entered to begin with, so they can close the door on further attempts by the spirit to enter.
9. If the person does NOT repent, then cut off ties with the person, telling them forgiveness and deliverance is available to them. If you do not cut off ties, they will worry you to death and destroy your peace.
As one commenter stated: The Jezebel needs to learn the meaning of the word “NO!“
*So far, what has been explained is how to identify and possibly stop its activity. Understanding the roots of the Jezebel, and Healing for the person who has this spirit requires more insight. See the last link below for how to heal and deliver a fallen Jezebel.
Author: Marianne Tioran
Thank you, http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/
for generously granting shalombewithyo.wpengine.com full rights and permission to repost this article.
We would like to thank Marianne Tioran for sharing her gifts and insights with us.