Attitudes – Mindsets – Sins:
I will touch on some basic attitudes, mindsets and sins that often prevent a person from receiving healing in the area of deliverance. Because the Truth for spiritual healing is found in God’s word, I have cited Bible verses to back these statements so you can see what God’s word says about the blockages covered here.
It is crucial to keep in mind that you cannot defeat your enemy while living in disobedience to God’s word. One cannot quote scripture like a ‘good luck’ mantra and expect results. God’s word is not some magic talisman. It is instruction to empower you. You must take the principals discovered and apply them to your life if you are to see results.
Sometimes you need assistance for healing. If confession, responsibility, recognition, renouncing and resisting aren’t enough to provide a complete breakthrough, then read: 1 Corinthians 12. It is crucial for Christians to pray for one another. This is what ministry is all about.
1. Un-forgiveness: “And when ye stand praying forgive, if ye have ought against any; that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive neither you’re your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26
2. Lack of Understanding: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. As they were increased, so they sinned against me; therefore will I change their glory into shame.” Hosea 4:6-7, “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” James 4:3
3. Lack of a true relationship with God: “This people honoreth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.” Mark 7:6, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
4. Un-confessed Personal and Generational sins: “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.” Isaiah 59:1-2, “Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me: and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.” Exodus 20:5-6, “Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.” Deuteronomy 5:9-10
5. Lack of Faith in God: “But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6, “…Be not afraid, only believe.” Mark 5:36
6. Desire to be dazzled by signs, wonders and miracles: “Then said Jesus unto him, except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.” John 4:48, “Then certain of the scribes and the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from the. But He answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.” Matthew 12:38-39
7. Expecting Healing to come in a ‘certain way’: “And Eisha sent a messenger unto Him saying Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold I thought he will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord His God, and strike his hand over the place and recover the leper. Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? May I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage. And his servants came near, and spake unto him and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? How much rather then when he saith to the, Wash and be clean Then went he down and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God; and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child and he was clean.” 2 Kings 5:10-14
8. Looking for healing from man, not God: “Thus saith the Lord; cursed bye the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose hear departeth from the Lord. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spredeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be carful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit The hear tis deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reigns, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to he fruit of his doings.” Jeremiah 17:5, 7,9-10
9. Not being honest: “Pride goeth before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18, “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:1-2, “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper; but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” Proverbs 28:13
10. Habitual Sin: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
11. Robbing God of Tithes and Offerings: “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse; for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the filed, saith the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 3:8-11
12. Not being saved: “And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.” 2 Thessalonians 2:10
13. Sins of our parents: “At that time Abijah the son of Jeraboam fell sick. And Jeroboam said to his wife, arise I pray thee and disguise thyself, that thou be not known to be the wife of Jeroboam; and get thee to Shiloh; behold, there is Ahijah the prophet, which told me that I should be king over this people. And take with thee ten loaves, and cracknels, and a cruse of honey, and go to him; he shall tell thee what shall become of the child. And Jeroboams’ wife did so and arose, and went to Shiloh, and came to the house of Ahiajah. But Ahijah could not see; for his eyes were set by reason of his age. And the Lord said unto Ahijah, Behold the wife of Jeroboam cometh to ask a thing of thee for her son; for he is sick: thus and thus shalt thou say unto her for when she cometh in, that she shall feign herself to be another woman. And it was so, when Ahijah heard the sound of her feet, as she came in at the door, that he said, Come in, thou wife of Jeroboam; why feighnest thou thyself to b another? For I am sent to thee with heavy tidings. Go, tell Jeroboam, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Forsasmuch as I exalted thee from among the people, and made thee prince over my people Israel, And get the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee; and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes; But thou has done evil above all that were before thee: for thou hast gone and made thee other gods, and molten images, to prove me to anger and hast cast me behind thy back; Therefore, behold I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone. Him that dieth of Jeroboam in the city shall the dogs eat; and him that dieth in the field shall the fowls of the air eat; for the Lord hat spoken it. Arise thou therefore, get thee to thine own house; and when thy feet enter into the city, the child shall die. And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him; for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the Lord God of Israel in the house of Jerobom.”1 Kings 14:1-13
14. Looking at your symptoms and Not to The Healer: “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?” Proverbs 18:14, “And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to usward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, Which He wright in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all.” Ephesians 1:19-23, “And hath raised us put together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:6
15. Allowing Fear to enter in your heart: “And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith; for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Romans 14:23, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as thee world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
16. Failure to Fast and pray: “And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him; and the child was cured that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus’ apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief; for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:18-21
17. Not taking care of your body by using basic wisdom: “Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epharoditus, my brother, and companion in labor, and fellow soldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. I sent him therefore the more carefully, that when ye see him again, ye may rejoice a, and that I may be the less sorrowful. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.” Philippians 2:25-30,What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
18. Not honoring The Lord’s sacrifice for our suffering: “Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:4-5, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” Matthew 8:17, “Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” 1 Peter 2:24, “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” Matthew 21:22
19. Touching God’s anointed: “Saying, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm.” Psalms 105:15
20. Doubting God: “But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. And He could there do no mighty work, save that he laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And He marvellled because of their unbelief. And He went round about the villages, teaching.” Mark 6:4-6
21. Failing to maintain our intimacy with God: John 5:14, “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.” Matthew 12:43-45
22. Not resisting the Enemy: “I call heaven and eath to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.” Deuteronomy 30:19, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” 1 Peter 5:8-9
23. Giving up: “What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? Shall it declare thy truth?” Psalm 30:9, “Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction; Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.” Psalm 88:9-10
24. Looking for repeating healings instead of divine health: “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all His statues, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the Lord that healeth thee.” Exodus 15:26
25. Rejecting Healing as part of the covenant for today: “Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.” 1 Peter 2:24, “Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.” Psalm 103:3
26. Trying to bypass the penalty of the curse without taking responsibility for the sin that caused it: “As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.” Proverbs 26:2
27. Murmuring and complaining: “Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples; and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.”1 Corinthians 10:10-11, “Do all things without murmurings and disputings.”Philippians 2:14-15
28. Hating and not obeying wisdom and instruction: “And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof: And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me! I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly.” Proverbs 5:11-14
29. Past and continued involvement with Occultism: “So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Psalm 90:12, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3, “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lets the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
*A special than you to Henry W. Wright and his book, “A more Excellent Way” for the insight and Bible Verses listed here.
* Prayer should never be a substitute for receiving medical attention. If you, or someone you love is experiencing suicidal thoughts or harmful tendencies towards themselves or other individuals, please help them contact a qualified physician in addition to praying for them. shalombewithyo.wpengine.com does not assume any responsibility for any personal decisions or choices made by its readers.