Lies of the Enemy
The most common torture that satan implements on those who are weak in their faith is to overwhelm the new Believer with serious doubt. Those who are unwilling to totally submit to the truth of God’s word will most likely fall prey to the torture of the enemy. Satan is very aware of how powerful our faith is, this is why he does everything within his power to steal our faith. Here is what the Bible has to say about how important our own faith is:
“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pas; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:23
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
Here are some common questions of doubt that Satan will try to implement in the mind of a ‘Believer’ who is wavering with doubt already:
1. Am I really saved? I have such overwhelming doubt.
When doubt tries to steal your peace, remember that God has not forsaken you. He is waiting for you to turn your heart back to the finished work that Jesus did on the cross.
“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in die time: Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7-8
“Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous? Mover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 5:18-21
2. Why is this happening to me? Do I have some un-confessed sin I am unaware of?
Satan will try to rob the person suffering from peace. Many times people will try to alleviate this overwhelming guilt by doing certain religious duties or ‘good deeds’.
Many Christians fear that God will forgive but He will never forget.
“I even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.” Isaiah 43:25
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
3. Could I be having a nervous breakdown and I not even aware of it?
When one understands spiritual warfare then it’s understood that that the enemy of our souls seeks to pull us back into our old fleshly nature. He will do this at any cost. The first attempt satan will use to deceive anyone that desires to serve God is to cause them to doubt their own sanity or the reliability of the God they’re putting their trust in.
“But let him ask in faith, nothing waver. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” James 1:6-8
4. What kind of feelings will the devil and his demons try and get me to focus on?
Demonic entities will try and get you to be negative and hopeless. You might start to feel overwhelmed by the new lifestyle you will have to embrace and the friends and family that have rejected you.
5. What can I do to encourage myself?
It is important to go out and meet NEW friends that SUPPORT your new lifestyle. This war is not easy to fight alone, and you don’t have to. There are many church ministries that are looking for people to help. They, (Churches that believe and practice the love of Christ) will pray the family and friends that you have to step away from.
6. I feel guilty for turning away from my old friends. How do I deal with that?
You are responsible for your own health. Just as you need to take care of your physical body, you’re spiritual well being needs to be maintained. Although it is rough to step away, just as alcoholics need to distance themselves from atmospheres and friends that are not beneficial to their health, it is crucial for the formally demonically possessed/oppressed person to do the same.
7. I am worried about my old friends. How do I deal with that? Now they are all alone.
Prayer is crucial here. Sometimes it takes some really horrible things to happen to a person before they turn to Christ. Remember what it took you to turn to Him. Nothing anyone can say or do will convince a person out of his or her own will/desires.
8. Does that mean I am powerless to help?
No, your prayers are what these people are depending on. Most of them have given up on themselves. So, you cannot give up hope
9. How can my prayers be more powerful?
1. You must pray with a pure heart that is willing to see your own faults.
2. Ask God to give you an unselfish heart, to pray His will be done in the situation, not just what would benefit you the most.
3. Ask God to forgive your sins and turn from doing them anymore.
4. Ask the Lord to keep you sensitive to his will and show you how to live the way He always intended for you.
5. Your prayers are powered by your faith in the POWER of God. Do you believe He can answer them? (Even if it may not be the answer you want?) Doubt takes the power of your prayers out.
I know it is going to be a rough ride for a while. I know the demon of suicide will try and tempt you to give up.
“Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
Matt. 21: 21
10. I am so depressed. I lost ALL my friends.
You will lose a LOT of friends. You will be the butt of jokes.
If your friends REALLY loved you, they would want you to be healthy and happy even if you did not want to do the same things that were making you miserable before.
Just know that this struggle is not something personal. It is a spiritual war with HUMAN beings as casualties. Pray for those who curse you, and you will see that God presence will be so strong with you.
You must take your anti-depressant medication. By this, I mean you must read the Bible as much as you can. You will not overdose, but it has the power to heal you and the demonic entities do not like being around a Bible-filled home.
* Prayer should never be a substitute for receiving medical attention. If you, or someone you love is experiencing suicidal thoughts or harmful tendencies towards themselves or other individuals, please help them contact a qualified physician in addition to praying for them. shalombewithyo.wpengine.com does not assume any responsibility for any personal decisions or choices made by its readers.
FURTHER HELP IN REMOVING DEMONIC POSSESSION
INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE
PRAYERS TO HELP REMOVE DEMONIC INFLUENCE